Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

As Thanksgiving comes to a close, I think about the many things for which I am thankful.  My mental note is pretty extensive, but there are a few things that remain on top and I consider them a "core" to who I am.  These are God, family, and health. 

The Almighty had a good reason for deciding to create me.  We are not a mere coincidence.  There's a purpose to our being and thus each breath I take is a gift in it of itself.  

We are not made to walk alone; living is not easy.  This is why we are given a family.  Imagine how much harder it is for those that have no one to turn to when faced with a challenge.  

How easily we forget about our health, but how quickly are we reminded of its importance when we are ill.  The work our bodies do on a day-to-day basis is miraculous.  Just as we service our cars every 3 to 6,000 miles for optimum performance so should we "service" our bodies; obviously on a more frequent schedule. 

Here's to wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving from the bayous of Louisiana and sharing a few captured moments of the day.  



Les Moutons

Toddler S

G

No comments: