Monday, May 28, 2012

Body & Blood

We're so proud of G for having received the sacrament of Holy Communion.  It has been a process of about 9 months of religious education that has prepared her for this important step.  She is very proud of her accomplishment and understands the sacredness of receiving the body and blood of Jesus.  It is through this that we preserve the supernatural life of the soul.  We are better equipped to resist the attacks of the devil by the graces received.  The more frequent we partake in Communion the closer we remain in Jesus and He in us. 

Most of us agree that a good education is essential for future success.  We send our children to school to prepare them for life; some paying heavily to ensure they're receiving the best instruction.  What about providing them with a religious education according to one's belief?  I fear that many of us falter in this regard.  Do you feel you're responsible for your child's spiritual well being?  I do.  If so, what are you actively doing to support it? For me, it has been making it non-negotiable to attend mass on Sundays.  It's tough on some days, but this is an important way to expose young, eager ears to the Word.  I also have the fear of God in me.  Silly to some, but it's the truth.  When it's my time to be judged, I don't want this to be one of my failures. 

A la proxima.



The Body of Christ

The Hands and Feet of Christ

No comments: