Monday, February 14, 2011

Words in Action

Many of you have noticed the section titled "Words to Live By" where I regularly rotate some of the many favorite quotes made by people I admire.  We know that actions speak louder than words so I decided to practice what I support or preach.  Imagine how different the world would be if each of us did something good as part of living our lives.  We often get caught up in our own world and easily forget how hard life is for the majority of the population.

Its obvious that some quotes are more practical than others allowing the person to do exactly as stated.  This led me to use one I use on Facebook made by Mother Theresa, which states that "If you can't feed a hundred people, then just feed one." 

Initially, it wasn't my intent to act on the quote.  I did what brought peace of mind.  Some of you know that feeling that comes over when you are in a car and notice a woman/man out of luck begging for money.  Well, this time it was an older man sitting on a lawn chair next to his two dogs near the parking lot of Walmart.  My mind was set on providing something for him, but also for his dogs.  I am a softy for animals. 

Although I knew what Waldo's response would be after I alerted him to my plans, he supported me.  I believe deep inside human beings want to help, but often don't for personal reasons. 

The moment came when I jumped out of the car and walked up to the man.  He was very grateful for what he received, but even more thankful for what his companions were getting.  I challenge you do something positive for whatever cause you feel strongest in your heart.  As for me, this is just the beginning of something I plan to write about often. 

No comments: