Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Show Must Go On

Sadly, Waldo was unable to participate in today's events.  Hence, our Halloween adventure had to go on without him.  

Prior to finding out that Waldo would be in town this weekend, I decided to have some of G's friends over the house.  Little did I know that my time would be split tending to the needs of three individuals all along having to run errands, organize, clean, and prepare for the get together.  It got a bit intense at one point where I was running around the house (sort of like you see in Top Chef as the chefs scramble under the clock) while the cat chased me.  He probably thought I was playing with him or couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.  It was pretty funny up to the point where I slipped on spilled water in the kitchen.  I then proceeded to get-up and continue walking with a slight limp. 

Eventually, I was able to get everything ready and the kids had a great time.  Once everyone ate to their heart's content, we walked around the neighborhood.  G not only trick-or-treated for herself, but also for Toddler S.  She would say "and can I get some for my baby sister?"  I stood in the background and affirmed that yes, there was indeed a baby sister nearby. 

Here are a few photos of Cowgirl and Strawberry.  Of interest to some is that G named Toddler S "Strawberry" prior to her being born.  I had no choice but to go with a strawberry costume this year.


G

 







Toddler S

No comments: