Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Doctor on Call

We're in the season, the cold season.  For the past month, at least two of us have been sick.  When it seems like everyone is improving, another illness seems to spring up.  Last night was no different.  I spent most of the night partying.  Well, the partying I refer to is administering nebulizing treatments or taking temperature readings, rectally if I may add.  Not a pleasant experience for "someone" who is passing time in her crib right now (hint).  

For the moment, I am holding ground, but only for the help of antibiotics.  Since our move to Florida, it's been a non-stop deluge of sinus/bronchitis infections.  A mutual friend of Waldo and I said to me "but you own this town" as I explained to him (between coughing fits) how miserable it's been since my arrival.  Our friend was referring to "my roots", but honestly I think I have lost my third-world country resilience the day I stepped on a plane, many decades ago, to follow the American dream.    

At any rate, the day has begun for me and I am not yet feeling the caffeine effects of the coffee I have been sipping for the past hour.  My "feline assistant" who I depend on for some sort of morale support when Waldo is not around is of no use to me either.  He has decided to plop himself down on the bed and do what he does best, sleep.

No comments: